20060806

Heat wave update...

Just a quick update to assure people I haven't fallen into a Sarlacc pit.

I went to the big podrace with the Darklighters. This time there were no honored guests, and we had excellent seats.

Kenobi's friend Fil is still missing, and Kenobi cheats at bowling.

I've taken a part-time job with a magazine publisher in Mos Eisley -– one reason I haven't been so eager to sit down in front of a computer on my own time lately. It's for a fan magazine about ethnic Gungan soap operas. I do the translations. (Most Naboo can't be bothered to learn Gungan, but my grandfather's lifelong dream was to bring the Naboo and the Gungans closer together, so we all had to learn.)

Fixer now has his son living with him. The boy's mother brought him over for a "visit" and never came back for him. His name is Laze, and he's quite a fixer himself. He's a few years older than Biggs, and all the younger boys seem to look up to him because he grew up someplace else. And all the girls look for him.

Speaking of which, I heard I'm getting new neighbors soon, with more kids, including a girl about Mary Sue's age. I'm not sure if this will be good for Mary Sue (finally another girl she can hang around with), or disastrous (a rival?).

Biggs has converted the fish farm into wading pools, and he charges for admission. That kid is unbelievable.

I love my new One-Onegee (I call him Geetoo), but after just a couple of days I had to deactivate his vocabulator. After having a nearly-silent droid for so many years, it seemed strange to have a nearly identical droid talking to me all the time. Plus, I've never really taken to talking to machines.

2 comments:

JP Burke said...

How did you find out Kenobi cheats?

J. Sandstormer said...

It was not hard to figure out. Some bowlers can get the ball to hook a little, but his always seems to hook just before it's about to go into the gutter.

I'm trying not to bug him about it since he's depressed about Fil, plus he's not pushing his luck too much (that is, his scores are still low despite his cheating). But the other bowlers (who don't know much about Kenobi, abusing the Force, or bowling) are starting to get suspicious.