20050518

MOVIE SIGN!!!

Lots of excitement around here about tonight's midnight release of The Suns of Tatooine documentary.

I couldn't get tickets for tonight. Neither could anyone else I know. Well, maybe Kenobi - I haven't asked him. He has his ways of getting things he wants. But I am on fire about this thing.

Partly, of course, because they shot some footage near my farm... no idea if it was used or not but I will let you know when I find out.

Partly, because Tatooine really needs the exposure, commercially.

And partly out of morbid terror that the director will make a mess of it! He
has an annoying habit of digitally "correcting" things in his films that aren't wrong... just not to his liking. For example, there are rumors that he digitally manipulated the footage to give everyone and everything two shadows, because he was annoyed that no one would explain to him why everything has only one shadow on Tatooine.

His documentaries about Hoth and Dagobah were spectacular. His documentary about Endor was only okay, in my opinion.

And most people agree that his Memories of Naboo film was absolutely putrid.

I have no idea what to expect now. I'm trying not to get my hopes up, but, damn... it's Tatooine, you know??

SERIOUSLY... if you get a chance to see The Suns of Tatooine before I do, please notice if the shadow situation has been addressed, and let me know.

4 comments:

JP Burke said...

I didn't really notice the shadows. They really glossed over Tatooine.

Mike said...

I hear that director also supervised some cartoons which might portray the Tattooine suns more accurately.

J. Sandstormer said...

***dread***

Mike said...

They're supposed to be much better than his earlier documentaries and in the style of Cartoon Network's "Samurai Jack". James has seen them and I plan to soon.