20050511

See a penny, pick it up

I went out this morning to do my rounds and nearly stepped in a very large mound of poodoo. Bantha poodoo, from the size of it.

My first thought was that the Sandpeople had come to visit. But it's really not their style to leave a pile of bantha crap at your doorstep and then slink off. Their style is to steal your food and other valuables, crush your skull while you sleep, and burn your house down.

Then, if there's time, they carefully collect any bantha droppings for recycling. Oh yes. That's Sandpeople, for you... brutal, but thrifty!

So I don't think it was Sandpeople.

It was probably a couple of neighbor kids. Since pretty much all the kids out here belong to moisture farmers themselves, they really ought to know better than to waste perfectly good waste on pranks. But there isn't much else for them to do.

Not yet, anyway. The Skywalker kid has been working on a T-16 for a while, but whether his uncle will let him fly it - or whether the thing will ever fly at all - remains to be seen.

I recycled the turd. I thought of giving it to Lars as a way of letting Luke know that I'm aware of his nighttime activities, but reconsidered. Moisture is moisture, after all.

No comments: